Dr. Julieta Peralta- Arambulo, is, the first and only Filipino Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery ( ABHRS) , Click http://www.abhrs.com. ; the President and Founder of the Asian Hair Restoration Center , member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons ; a consultant in Skin and Cancer Foundation of the Philippines and Head of the hair transplant service at the Aesthetic Wellness Center , The Medical City.
In 1997 , she learned the art of Follicular Unit Hair transplantation ,the gold standard in hair transplantation under Dr. Allan K. Yung of Anew Medical Group Clinic in Willshire California. Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation is the end refinement of hair transplantation which is a procedure entailing detailed attention and artistry.
In 2009 ,Dr. Arambulo acquired the knowledge and honed her skills in Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): State of the Art Methodology and Instrumentation under Dr. James Harris in Denver, Colorado in 2009 .FUE is the latest technique only performed by few talented hair transplant specialists all over the World. She performs herself the FUE procedure using the “Powered Safe Scribe ” , offering this procedure as alternative treatment ,in patients with limited donor supply and who do not want donor linear scarring. FUE technique makes possible Body Hair Transplant ,which gives new hope to patients with limited donor supply .
Dr. Arambulo updates herself with the new developments and techniques in hair restoration surgery by attending various scientific meetings and workshops worldwide . At the 22nd International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Scientific Meeting last October 2014, in Kuala Lumpur ,Malaysia , she had the privilege to lecture about her experience on “ FUE Eyebrow Transplant with use of Implanter” . She is also contributing her technique details on the difficult eyebrow transplant, in the 2nd edition of the book entitled:” Practical Aspects of Hair Transplantation in Asians”.
She strongly supports the Mission and Vision of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery applying it as the guiding principles in hair transplant practice:“ To achieve excellence in patient outcomes by promoting member education, international collegiality ,research ,ethics and public awareness”.
Dr. Arambulo received the privilege and honour to be the first Filipino Diplomate of the the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS). ABHRS ( http://www.abhrs.com) is the only certification recognized by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS -the largest hair restoration educational organization in the world.
“The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery is a board organized for the purpose of examining and certifying physicians in the specialty of Hair Restoration Surgery. The American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS) was formed in 1996 to fill the recognized need for a certifying body in the field of hair restoration. Its counterpart outside the United States, the International Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (IBHRS), was recognized internationally in 2000. The ABHRS/IBHRS examination is the only psychometrically and statistically validated examination dedicated to the specialty of hair restoration surgery. The express purpose of the organization is to promote the highest quality, ethical care for the patient and to this end provide certification for physicians in this specialty. The examination consists of written and oral portions, and passing the exam assures the public of an individual’s educational ability and experience to perform safe, aesthetically sensitive hair restoration surgery.Strive for excellence in all aspects of medical practice
The mission statement, goals and objectives of the ABHRS are to act for the benefit of the public to establish specialty standards and to examine surgeons’ skill, knowledge and aesthetic judgment in the field of hair restoration. The board will grant certification to candidates who meet the highest standards of the medical profession in the field of hair restoration surgery with the express provision that the ABHRS will not act as a business, vocational or post-secondary school.”
- Residency Training: Skin and Cancer Foundation of the Philippines, 1986-1989
- Medical School: Far Eastern University Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation,1983
- B.S Biology, College of the Holy Spirit, Mendiola 1975-1979
- Physician Board of Medicine, Professional Regulation Commission, Republic of the Philippines 1985
- Diplomate, Philippine Dermatological Society Diplomate Boards, Republic of the Philippines, 1990
- Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery,2014
- Member, International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery 2009
- Member, Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons 2011
- Member/Treasurer, Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery 2001
- International Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology Association 1998 -2009
- Fellow of the Philippine Dermatological Society 1993
- Diplomate, Philippine Dermatological Society 1990
- Member, Philippine Medical Association 1985
- Head,Hair Transplant Service,The Medical City Wellness and Aesthetic Center
- Philippine Academy Of Cutaneous Surgery, Treasurer Fellow since 2001
- Chairman, Philippine Dermatological Society, Social Committee, 1998 2000
- Member, PDS Board of Accreditation and Monitoring Committee, 2005
- Member, PDS Laser Committee
- Member, PDS Board of Accreditation and Planning Committee, 2000
- Training Officer, Skin and Cancer Foundation, 1999 2000
- Assistant Training Officer, Skin and Cancer Foundation, 1997 1998
- Chairperson, Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery 2nd Post- Graduate Course “Master Techniques in Dermatologic and Cosmetic, Richmonde Hotel, October 7-8, 2007
- Chairperson, The Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery 1st Post Graduate Course “The Latest Trends and Fallacies on Dermatologic Surgery, Richmonde Hotel, October 7-10, 2006
Continuing Medical Education /Lectures
- Speaker: Androgenic Alopecia Updates ; March 9,2017; Makati Medical Centre,#2 Amorsolo St. Makati City
- ISHRS 24th World Congress at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas,Nevada, USA, on September 28- October 01, 2016.
- Speaker: Autologus Platelet Rich Plasma (A-PRP) and Hair Regrowth in Patients with Acute and Chronic Alopecia in 2016 Biobrodge International Conference on September 26-27 at Venice, Italy.
- IMSA Workshop in Taiwan Botulinum Toxin Master Class held on August 21, 2016 Taipei Taiwan.
- Speaker: East Ave. Medical Center Post Graduate Course : Skin for All Seasons, Revitalizing the Skin at Any Age held on August 18, 2016 at Seasons Ballroom, 5th Floor, Luxent Hotel Quezon City.
- Speaker: 1st Post Graduate Course: HAIRTRENDS , August 04, 2016 at Augusto M. Bercelon Auditorium, The Medical City, Ortigas Pasig, City Philippines.
- Certificate of Participation: 1st Post Graduate Course: HAIRTRENDS , August 04, 2016 at Augusto M. Barcelon Auditorium, The Medical City, Ortigas Pasig, City Philippines.
- Speaker: 14th Postgraduate Course, Skinfinity: The Limitless Possibilities of Cosmetic and Procedural Dermatology held on July 15, 2016 at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria Faculty: FUE Workshop at Philippine Academy of Dermatological Surgery Foundation, Inc. (PADSFI) 13th Annual Congress
- Faculty: FUE Workshop at Philippine Academy of Dermatological Surgery Foundation, Inc. (PADSFI) 13th Annual Congress ,June 05, 2016 at Centuria Medical Makati.
- Speaker: Philippine Academy of Dermatological Surgery Foundation, Inc. (PADSFI) 13th Annual Congress: Dermatologic Surgery: Basic and Evolving Trends,June 04, 2016 at EDSA Shangri-la Mandaluyong City
- Hair Talk The Medical City Layfora : Permanent Solution to Hair Loss, Board room 4th floor, May 7,2016
- Speaker: – Topics: Surgical Manangement of Pattern Hair Loss: Strip VS FUE , Body Hair Transplantation: Beard Eyebrows etc .,Platelet Rich Plasma , New Treatment for Alopecia Areata , Low Level Laser Treatment on Androgenic Alopecia, Hair Enhancement with Scalp Micropigmentation and Eyebrow Microblading, Hair Losts Hair Lost… Help!!!; Philippine Dermatological Society Southern Luzon Chapter , March 2016, Seda Hotel, Nuvali , Sta, Rosa
- Speaker : Hair Transplant: Man vs Machine ; Skin and Cancer Foundation, Philippines, January 2016 ,Skin and Research Center, Makati City, Philippines
- Speaker PDS CME: Man versus Machine ;Dermatology Uncut” ,October 21,2015
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS )23nd Annual Scientific Meeting, Hilton Chicago, October 9-13, 2014
- Poster Presentation: Eyebrows Correction and Augmentation: Alone or Combination Treatment ; ISHRS 23nd Annual Scientific Meeting, Hilton Chicago, October 9-13, 2014
- Speaker: FUE Eyebrow Transplant with Use of Implanter;ISHRS 22nd Annual Scientific Meeting being held at the Shangri-la Hotel Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia ,October 8-11, 2014
- Poster Presentation: Platelet Richh Plasma on Ophiasis and Acute Diffuse Alopecia Areata ;ISHRS 22nd Annual Scientific Meeting being held at the Shangri-la Hotel Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia over the dates October 8-11, 2014
- ISHRS 22nd Annual Scientific Meeting being held at the Shangri-la Hotel Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia over the dates October 8-11, 2014
Speaker: “My Crowning Glory”;East Avenue Medical Center Department of Dermatology: Post Graduate Course :“Skin, Hair and Nail Files” September 5, 2014 ;Luxent Hotel, Quezon City
- International Society Of Hair Restoration Surgery 21st Annual Scientific Meeting,October 23-26,2013, Hyatt Regency San Francisco
- Speaker:“ Follicular Unit Extraction” 36th Annual Pre Convention Congress ,Cosmetic Dermatology: A Science,November 6,2013,Crowne Plaza,Ortigas,Philippines
- Follicular Unit Extraction Workshop ; As Faculty;Sponsor : Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery ; November 5,2013,at Asian Hair Restoration Center,Ortigas,Philippines
- Discovering Diverse Dimensions In Dermatology- 36th Annual Convention in 4D, November 7-8,2013, Crowne Plaza Hotel,Ortigas,Philippines
- Photodermatology in the Tropics ; 5th SCF Postgraduate Course ; November 4,2013; Crowne Plaza Manila Glaleria Hotel,Pasig City
- Orlando Live Surgery Workshop. April 17-20,2013. Clinic Sponsor:Bosley; Sponsored by Dr. Matt Leavitt and the ISHRS; Hard Rock Hotel,Orlan
- Pearls in Evaluating Hair Loss; Long term Efficacy of Finasteride in the treatment of Androgenic Alopecia (AGA); What works and what does not work in AGA by Dr. Jerry Shapiro ,during the AP Dermatology Summit:Effective Management of Patients with Dermatologic Disorders, A Multidisciplinary Approach to Patient Care II;Hyatt Regency Lncheon,Ballroom (2F), South Korea ,August 10-12,2012.
- AP Dermatology Summit:Effective Management of Patients with Dermatologic Disorders A Multidisciplinary Approach to Patient Care II;Hyatt Regency Lncheon,Ballroom (2F), South Korea ,August 10-12,2012.Photo with Prof. Marcus Maurer, MD for Germany and Prof. Torsten Zuberbier, MD from Berlin
- Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons ( AAHRS) 2nd Annual Scientific Meeting; COEX Convention Center,Seoul,Korea; May 11-13,2012
- Advanced Review Course for Beginners and Experienced Surgeons : FUT and FUE Live Demonstration;Dr.Hwangs Hair Hair Clinic,Seoul Korea :May 11,2012″
- New Vistas and Trusted Techniques in Hair Transplantation” : International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery 9th Annual Scientific Meeting .Alaska,Anchorage, September 14-18,2011
- Embryonic-like Cell-Secreted Proteins Induce Hair Growth in a Phase I/II trial in Male Pattern BaldnessNaughton GK1, Zimber MP1, Peralta-Arambulo J2, Reyes-Cacas T3, Hubka M1, Ehrlich D1, Mansbridge JM1.
- ISHRS Regional Workshop:”New Advances in Asian Hair Transplantation-Live Surgery Workshop” hosted by Damkerng Pathomvanich,MD,FACS Montien Riverside Hotel and Thai Jaksu Medical Center,Bangkok ,Thailand,Junes 25-27,2010
- ISHRS Regional Workshop: Follicular Unit Extraction: State of the Art Methology and Instrumentation hosted by Dr. James Harris,October 2-3, 2009, Hair Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery 17th Annual Scientific Meeting held in Amsterdam The Netherlands,July 2009
- Basic Life Support Seminar ,August 11,2009,Dr. Avenilo P. Aventura Hall,Philippine Heart Center
- International Society for Dermatologic Surgery 1st Spring Meeting.March 7-9,2008,Boracay Regency Hotel and Convention Center, Boracay Island Philippines
- International Master Course on Aging Skin,IMCAS Asia 2007.Bangkok July 16-17,2007
- Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery 2nd Post- Graduate Course”Master Techniques in Dermatologic and Cosmetic: Richmonde Hotel, October 7-8, 2007
- 2nd Regional Conference in Dermatological Laser and Facial Cosmetic Surgery 2006 Hong Kong, January 20-22,2006
- Stich Lift Workshop 2nd Regional Conference in Dermatological Laser and Facial Cosmetic Surgery 2006 ,Hong Kong, January 20,2006
- Follicular Hair Transplant Workshop by Dr. Guillermo Blugerman, Plastic surgeon from Argentina: Healthway Edsa Shangrila Mall, EDSA, October 10, 2006
- The Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery 1st Post Graduate Course ”The Latest Trends and Fallacies on Dermatologic Surgery: Richmonde Hotel, October 7-10, 2006
- The Klein Tumescent Liposuction Course Klein Surgi Center, Capistrano April 1999
- Follicular Hair Transplant Allan K. Yung, MD, F.A.C.S. Anew Medical Clinic, Wilshire Blvd, LA-1997
- First Asia- Pacific Conference on Cutaneous Surgery and Laser Therapy Hongkong, December 11-14 1997
- The Philippine Journal of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery,Case Report: Multiple Fibrofolliculoma,Volume 3 Number 1 July 1992 pages 28 31
- ”Vein Vein Go Away” Prime Magazine April May 2004 pages 76 77
- “Treating Varicose Veins with Sclerotherapy” The Philippine Star , Business section, Science and Technology Thursday July 22,2004
- Conference Director: 10th Anniversary Celebration of Skin and Cancer Foundation Post Graduate Course : ” Cosmetic Surgical Procedures for the Dermatologists”, Makati, October 22, 1994
- “Body to Scalp Hair Transplant” Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery 3rd Annual Postgraduate Course: The Medical City Augusto Barcelon Auditorium,Ortigas Avenue,Pasig City, Philippines;,May 16,201
- ”Atrophic Acne and Traumatic Scar Management”,Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery 3rd Annual Postgraduate Course;The Medical City Augusto Barcelon Auditorium,Ortigas Avenue,Pasig City, Philippines;May 16,2011
- Speaker:” Challenges in Follicular Unit Transplantation”,Philippine Dermatological Society, Pre -Convention Course:Trends,Tools and Techniques Dermatology;,Crown Plaza Galleria Manila,Ortigas Avenue,corner ADB avenue,Quezon City,Philippines;,Nov. 10 2010
- Speaker: “Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation” ,Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center 10th Postgraduate Course:”FOCUS ON HAIR: BASICS AND BREAKTHROUGHS” ,April 16, 2010 , Diamond Hotel, Roxas Boulevard, Manila.
- Speaker; Innovative Eyebrow and Eyelash Treatment,Masters102:Cutting Edge in Dermatologic Surgery,9th Annual Convention of the Philippine Academy of Dermatologic Surgery Foundation,Inc.Edsa Shangri-La Hotel,Mandaluyong City, Philippines,February 11-12, 2010
- “Liposhifting”,World Congress Conference, Liposuction Society of the ,Mandarin Hotel,Philippines,March 6-7, 2009
- Speaker:“Folicular Hair Transplant”,Skin and Cancer Foundation Inc.,Post Graduate Course, PDS CME 2008 North Greenhills Clubhouse
- Hair Transplant Lecture :Skin and Cancer Foundation Inc. .Medical Plaza Ortigas,San Miguel Avenue, Pasig City,April 16,2008
- Speaker: *“Liposhifting” Philippine Academy of Dermatologic Surgery ,Regency Beach Resort and Convention Center Station2, Balagbag, Boracay Island, Malay, Aklan ,March 6-9, 2008
- Speaker;“Liposhifting” ,2nd Post- Graduate Course of The Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery, Richmonde Hotel,Oct 7-8, 2007
- “Scar Subcision and Revision ” , Skin and Cancer Foundation ,Medical Plaza Ortigas, San Miguel Avenue, Pasig City, August 15,2007
- Speaker:“The Art in Follicular Hair Transplant” ,PMA 100th PMA Annual Convention ,Edsa Shangri-La Hotel,Mandaluyong City,Philippines.,May 23-26, 2007
- Speaker:“The Art in Follicular Hair Transplant” ,The Philippine Academy of Anatomist ,Legend Villas,Feb. 2007
- Speaker:“The Art of Follicular Unit Transplantation” ,1st Annual Post- Graduate Course ,The Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery,Richmonde Hotel, Oct 7-8, 2006
- Speaker:“Surgical Approach on Acne Scars” 1st Annual Post- Graduate Course,The Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery,Richmonde Hotel,Oct 7-8, 2006
- Follicular Hair Transplant Lecture,SCF CME lecture,The Medical Plaza, Ortigas, San Miguel Avenue, Pasig CityJune 21, 2006
- Speaker:” Follicular Hair Transplant,Latest techniques in Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery” Philippine Dermatological Society C.M.E Meeting ,Skin and Cancer Foundation ,Holiday Inn Hotel, Pasig City ,March 30, 2005
- Speaker: Follicular Hair Transplant : Post Graduate Course and Worskhops on Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery,The Philippine Academy of Cutaneous Surgery Inc. ,Medical Plaza Ortigas,December 16, 2001
- Speaker:”The Dermatological uses of Botolinum Toxin Type A”,Garden Ballroom, Edsa Shangrila Hotel,May 29, 2000
- Speaker:“Pregnancy Dermatoses”,Penta Medical Group of Hospitals,The 6th Annual Post Graduate Course,Theme: Reaching Out Into the New Millenium” ,Manila Galleria Suites, Edsa cor, Ortigas Ave., Manila,May 12-14,1999.
- Speaker:”Follicular Unit Hair Transplant:Workshops on Advanced Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery” ,5th Annual Postgraduate Course, Skin and Cancer Foundation, Medical Plaza, Ortigas ,November 4, 1999
- Speaker:”Skin Resurfacing with the use of Erbium-Yag Laser“ ,“Workshops on Advanced Dermatologic Cosmetic Surgery”.5th Annual Postgraduate Course, Skin and Cancer Foundation Medical Plaza, Ortigas, November 4, 1999
- SERVIAM Community ,Member
- Board Member, National Sandigan Foundation Inc.
- Vice President 2016 , Zonta Club Foundation Inc. of Mandaluyong,San Juan II
- Board Member , National Sandigan Foundation of the Philippines
- Board of Trustees/Vice president ( 2005) Divine Sowers Foundation
- Fund Raising Projects: Chairperson : 1)”Three for the Road Concert” Forthe benefit of Immaculate Heart of Mary Parish in Hinulugang Taktak, Antipolo, Rizal The Merks , Greenbelt, Makati April 29,2004 2)”Sowers of Dreams” Benefit Show of Divine Sowers Foundation Inc. AFP, May 19,2005
- Chairman, Sandigan Bayan Foundation 2014 Medical Mission, Payatas