ISHRS member website a must content so as not to mislead the patients
International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
Misleading and Inappropriate Messaging
Dear ISHRS Members,
The ISHRS encourages members to only include website and marketing messaging to the public that will augment their understanding and knowledge of the causes and scientifically proven therapies for hair loss.
Guidelines have been established to help members avoid what can be universally considered as misleading or unacceptable messages.
The following are considered misleading or inappropriate. We encourage ISHRS members to review their websites and marketing materials to assure these are not included.
False Statements and Copyright Infringement
- Including inaccurate credentials. E.g., ABHRS status, FISHRS status, claiming inaccurate expertise in hair restoration surgery
- Using other physicians’ before & after photos as your own
- Violating copyright of others with photos or text
- Using ISHRS Members Only logo inappropriately, e.g., when you are not a full Member
- Using FISHRS Only Logo inappropriate, e.g., when you are not designated Fellow status of the ISHRS
- Using the ISHRS Logo. Note: nobody except the ISHRS is allowed to use the official ISHRS Logo
Inappropriate Use of Staff
- Evidence of unlicensed, non-physicians performing surgical procedures
Inappropriate, Misleading, Inaccurate Terminology
- “Scarless surgery”
- “No incision”
- “No touch”
- “No cutting”
- “Hair multiplication”
- “Eliminates the need for additional procedures”
ISHRS Board of Governors