Medical treatments for hair loss, Androgenic Alopecia range from topical to oral medications preparations that aid hair follicle growth and inhibit the formation of hormones responsible for hair loss. There are only two FDA-approved treatments for hair loss :
- Minoxidil solution : in 2% and 5% preparations are available that, when applied on the scalp, produce an increase in blood circulation to the hair follicles stimulating hair growth.
- Finasteride : given only to men, is an oral medication that slows the progression of hair loss. Finasteride may also be prescribed in selected women with pattern hair loss. It is, however, necessary for patient to call our center for personal consultation appointment with our hair restoration specialist to know more about the benefits of these treatments in relation to your hair loss problem.
Other treatments available at our center
- Low -Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) is a highly effective hair rejuvenation treatment process. LLLT increases cellular activity within the hair follicle, and promotes the proliferation of thick ,full and healthy hair.
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) :Scalp surgeons from Brazil, Drs.Carlos O. Uebel, Porto Alegre reported that treating hair grafts with platelet-derived growth factors obtained from autologous platelet-rich plasma produced a significant increase in growth and density of transplanted follicular units.
In addition ,PRP in hair transplantation promotes healing and hair growth and centered in three functional applications:
1.To preserve and enhance hair follicle viability during and after hair transplantation;
2.To promote and enhance tissue repair and healing after hair transplantation; and,
3.To reinvigorate dormant hair follicles and stimulate new hair growth.
- Dr. Julieta Peralta Arambulo our hair transplant surgeon is one of the clinical investigators of Phase II clinical trial of Histogen product called “Hair Stimulating Complex” , the highly active human derived Wnt proteins and other growth factors produced to promote hair growth in male with pattern hair loss or Androgenic Alopecia. She will be one of the pioneers in the use of this very promising product .
To learn more , please call for appointment. ( CONTACT)