Hair Transplant :Strip FUT
The decision to undergo hair transplant surgery should be well thought out and never done in haste. Understanding the role of the Physician Hair Restoration Specialist”s credentials and experience is worth hair saving. Dr. Arambulo is a Diplomate of the Philippine Board of Dermatology and American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery.( http://www.abhrs.com)
Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation (FUT) ,represents the end refinement of surgical hair transplant. In a properly performed follicular unit transplant, the result will mimic the way hair grows in nature and will be undetectable as a hair transplant . Hair Transplant is considered a minor surgery, which usually takes 6 -12 hours. The length of the procedure depends on the scalp characteristics, how patient is prepared for the procedure and the number of grafts to place in one session . Some patients require only one session but other individuals with progressive and severe pattern of hair loss might require more than one session . In addition since donor supply is limited , especially in young patients, proper scalp assessment and careful planning are important to reach the beneficial aesthetic result.
Patient will be under local anesthesia and mild oral sedation. At the end of the procedure, a light dressing will be applied accompanied with a clean surgical cap or bandana or patient’s preferred cap to protect the grafts from harm.
HAIR TRANSPLANT PROCEDURE
2. Strip FUT procedure
- Special training is necessary to produce skilled assistants who understand the precision needed to generate and place high-quality grafts from strip FUT procedure.Without such staff, this hair transplant procedure in big session of 3000-4000 grafts cannot be properly executed in one session.The physician himself must understand and be proficient with each step of the pocedure in order to train assistants and to supervise quality control. Read why choose AHRC
- Strip and FUE procedure are sometimes combined for more grafts production.
- Platelet Rich Plasma is used to keep the grafts healthy and to enhance hair growth
- Here at Asian Hair Restoration Center grafts quality and quantity are properly recorded and photo documented.
3. Healing Stages: Recipient Area
4. Strip Linear donor scar
5. Post operative instructions and schedule of follow ups
- Written and Video post operative instructions will be provided for patient’s guidance
- First shampoo at the center after 24 hours,if possible
- Removal of retention sutures after 6 days at the center or by your local doctor
- 14 days after with proper post op care,the scabs on the recipient and donor area are gone
6.Following the details of the procedure Click to watch the Natural result 2 years after
7. Other appplications of Hair Transplant
- Camouflage of scalp scars from surgery,trauma or scalp conditions
- Camouflage scar from cleft palette reconstructed
- Camouflage of scar in any hair bearing areas
- Restoration /augmentation of sideburns after Face-Lift Procedures
- Restoration/ augmentation of eyebrows
- Restoration /augmentation of eyelash
- Restoration/augmentation of other areas: mustache, beard, temporal peak armpits, chest and pubic hair
Go to Follicular Unit Extraction