The sun doesn’t discriminate whether it damages your skin or your scalp. Summer season is here in the Philippines and it’s time to protect your hair with the right kind of treatment to prevent hair loss.
Hair loss happens more frequently during summer because of the activities we do during this season. Your hair may experience damage due to heat, salt water exposure, chlorine exposure, and also sun exposure leaving you with dry and brittle hair prone to breakage.
Luckily, it’s easy to provide hair loss treatment from these damages and all of it can be done effortlessly. You don’t have to cancel your travel plans to popular beaches in the Philippines. You just have to know how to protect your hair the right way.
Beating Summer Hair Loss
Your main enemies during this hot summer season are high humidity and frizz. The reason frizz happens is because sunlight and heat dry your hair by soaking up humidity in the air, and that breaks the cuticle leading to the frizz we all know and hate.
Swimming in pool water, on the other hand, removes your hair’s natural protective oils; swimming sea water draws water out of your hair.
Just give your hair some tender love by following these tips. They’ll do the trick.
- Get a haircut. You’ll only need a hair cut to get the job done. Get rid of that pesky frizz in style and don’t worry about a thing. Hair grows faster in the summer season, so go for it.
- Turn up the SPF. Pick any hair product that has UV filters to safeguard your hair against the harmful rays of the sun. You can also wear a sun hat for added protection.
- Hydrate your hair before taking a dip. Clean tap water or leave-in conditioner will keep the salt water and chlorine away. Also, rinse after you swim to wash the salt or chlorine off.
- Use conditioner. Keeping your hair hydrated is a top priority this summer. Using deep conditioning treatment will help keep your scalp and hair healthy.
- Try staying away from the hot tools. Give your hair some time away from the iron and blow dryer, minimizing use to least once or twice a week. This will save your hair from more frizz and heat damage.
Sometimes it gets so hot here in the Philippines during summer that your hair will simply frizz up despite your best efforts to prevent it.
Just maintain your hair and give it the gentle treatment it deserves to lessen hair loss. You could also try being creative with your hairstyle and do a high bun, slick ponytail, or side braid just to fight the frizz, stress, and to keep you cool from the ears down. Bad hair days, begone!